Don't expect so many updates here. Today is the first day of this experiment and I am off work today. This morning I almost spoiled it by grabbing some cinnamon-sugar left in bowl left over from cinnamon muffins made yesterday. I put some in my mouth, realized it, then spit it out and washed my mouth out. I wasn't sure whether I'd try this experiment so soon but I noticed I've been eating more and more junk out of nothing but boredom over the blahs of being in "maintenance mode", i.e. no longer trying to lose weight. When you're trying to lose weight, there's a purpose for not eating junk. Last night I ate some candy and felt like crap, not mentally for eating candy, I'm not the type of person to beat myself up over things like that, but physically weak from the sugar rush and crash. That's what kick-started this blog to begin today. No time like the present.
This morning I had some coffee and a banana. I went for a two mile walk. Then I went to the grocery store and bought parsnips, carrots, spinach, spaghettis squash, almonds, walnuts, steel-cut oats, hamhocks (for bean soup to be made later), apples and blueberries. Warrior Diet is big on berries. the most expensive fruit in the store, sheesh. I ate a parsnip when I got back and I must admit it tasted good. I've always noticed how much better things taste when you're hungry and the Warrior Diet mentions this in the book. You develop a taste for the things you're body needs. I've got a craving for a carrot now and will get one after this post is done. Surprisingly, I've got quite a bit of energy now. I need to move my heavybag and pull-up bar and then I need to workout yet still today. That'll be a test, can I do an hour of intense exercises on veggies and fruits. I do plan to follow up the workout with a protein shake.
What the hell, I wasn't going to post again today but I might as well take the time off I have to do something with it.
Monday, February 18, 2008
So far, so good...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment