Monday, June 9, 2008

Crossfit: 080608

080608
Ten rounds for time of:
12 Burpees
12 Pull-ups

Post time to comments.


28:23 as Rx'd.

120 pull-ups isn't so bad, and 120 Burpees aren't stomch-churning, but put them together and it's a sweat inducing workout. I did this outside this morning, just as it started getting nice and hot and humid with the sun shining right in my face. I finished the first 5 rounds in 12:30 so I didn't lose to much steam over the second half.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Splint the fact that you maintained pace through the 10 is great. That's hard to do. Speaking of hot and humid... 99% humidity today... record temp supposedly of 104... yeee haw. :P Kinda makes me want to go for a run... uh.....

Brad said...

"120 pullups isn't so bad..."

I'm not gonna quote the burpee statement.

Splint! You are an animal!

Splint Chesthair said...

Lol, I'm not trying to come off like either of those are easier. Either/or would be a great workout. Together it was brutal. This was the closest I've been yet to having to lay down in the grass after a workout. Normally I like to walk around to catch my breath and laying down after a workout just never feels good to me, but after this one, laying down in the grass sounded really nice, but it was a little wet oustide still and I had enough of the grass poking me in the face on the burpees.

:)

Brad said...

120 pullups alone is impossible for me. Ditto for the burpess.

Katie said...

Brad, really 120 pullups isn't so bad.... ;) Splint, you're a total stud in my book. :) (and coming from me, that's really saying something... ;) )

Splint Chesthair said...

*BLUSH*

These are kipping pull-ups, just to clarify for others. My kipping has been getting better, working the "push-away" from the bar much smoother. That helps. 150 is about my limit on kipping pull-ups before my hands will tear.

Katie said...

Splint, kipping or no, 120 pullups is a lot of solid work. If your form wasn't spot on, you would probably go kaput after 50-75. This is a great effort. I can't do 150 without a tear... hence my pictures a few weeks back...

As for making you blush... well it's nice to know I can still make the boys blush... Obviously I haven't lost my touch! ;) Tehehehe... :) Nice work! :)

Google